PGDM in Human Resource and Industrial Relations in Bangalore
PGDM in Human Resource and Industrial Relations is a programme that recognizes the importance of human resources in today's industries. In this PGDM course, students learn about how companies work and are prepared to become competent and influential HR professionals. A PGDM in HR opens up several career opportunities as HR Recruiter, HR consultant, Labour relations manager, Training manager, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Compliance officer, etc
Human Resource in ISB&M Bangalore is designed to address the learning needs of students. The Programmes of the institute are offered at a basic level and specialization level.
The objectives of the HR program are as follows:
- 1. Prepare HR managers acceptable to MNCs and top Indian recruiters.
- 2. Preparing students for leadership roles and global careers in HR.
- 3. Develop contemporary domain capability with knowledge, skills, tools and techniques.
- 4. Reorient women students to be a career woman for global roles.
The program creates values for students in terms of:
- 1. Redefining their personal and societal values, attitudes, and behaviours to achieve greater proficiency in professional life.
- 2. Students using HR knowledge to think and analyse a variety of business issue and situations from various perspectives.
- 3. The campus placements, range of roles offered, compensation offered, and diversity of organizations visiting the campus.
- 4. It is also reflected in their career successes, number of VPs in MNCs, role changes and presence of alumni in all continents of the Globe.
The pedagogy differs according to the paper, the topic and its relevance to career development. Case studies, live projects, research projects, role plays, simulations supplement the class room interactions. Students play a proactive and central role in the entire process. Guest lectures by industry experts, workshops by eminent professionals, field visits augment the process of learning. The pedagogy followed is highly engaging to the students.
Following are the outcomes of the HR program:
- 1. Develop expert level understanding of HR with high focus on behavioural sciences.
- 2. Create high acceptability in campus jobs by MNCs and top recruiters.
- 3. Grow in HR careers to leadership roles.
- 4. Create HR professionals with complete business perspectives.
OBHR Courses (Subjects for each trimester)
The OBHR courses are offered as core as well as electives.
- Term 1
- Human Resource Management I (only for HR)
- Organizational Behavior
- Term 2
- Human Resource Management II (only for HR)
- Organizational structure, design & theory
- Human Resource Management (all)
- Term 3 onwards electives
Electives from trimester 3 onwards:Course outline of outcome written below each course names :
- Training and Development
- Organizational Change & development
- HR Analytics
- Global Human Resource Management & Diversity Management
- Performance Management System
- Strategic Human Resource Management (Including HR Planning)
- Assessment & Development Centre
- HR Issues in Mergers and Acquisition
- Competency Based Recruitment
- Talent Management
- Industrial discipline
- Grievance Management
- Strategic compensation system
- Trade Union and Industrial Relations
- Negotiation Skills & Collective Bargaining
- Labour Laws – I
- Labour Laws – II
- Executive Search