ISB&M KOLKATA 13TH ORIENTATION PROGRAMME
PG MANAGEMENT & MEDIA BATCH 2016-2018
1. ISB&M Kolkata PG OP 2016
2. The Inauguration Lamp
3. Dr. Pramod Kumar, Group President, ISB&M
4. The President, The Campus Head And The Dignitaries
5. Mr. Abhijit Roy, Director-comm. Ericsson Global Services
6. Mr. Diptendu Haldar, AVP, Zonal Training Head-East, Bharti AXA Life Insurance
8. Mr. Gaurang Ganeriwal, Regional Head, ICICI Prudential AMC
9. A Management Game
10. Mr. Amitabha Sinha, Head - Technology Practice, IT & Digital, ABP Pvt. Ltd
11. Mr. Sayantan Das, V.P. Inquirly Technologies
12. Mr. Samrat Banerjee, Head - HR, Videocon
13. Mr. Dipanjan Banerjee, Media Professional
14. The Freshers
ISB&M, Kolkata Post Graduate Orientation Programme for the Batch (2016-2018) was held at Synthesis Business Park, Rajarhat between July 1-4, 2016. Mr. Abhijit Roy, Director-Communications at Ericsson Global Services, India, graced the occasion as Chief Guest. Mr. Diptendu Haldar, AVP , Zonal Training Head - East, Bharti AXA Life Insurance was present as guest of honour. Dr. Pramod Kumar, President, ISB&M Group was also present and addressed the students. A number of industry stalwarts across all industry sectors were also present and conducted interactive sessions with the freshers.
The programme concluded with an outbound trip to Mandarmoni, near Digha, West Bengal.
Some of the Guest Speakers:
- Mr. Abhijit Roy, Director-Communications at Ericsson Global Services
- Mr. Diptendu Haldar, AVP , Zonal Training Head - East, Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Mr. Gaurang Ganeriwal, Regional Head, ICICI Prudential AMC.
- Mr. Samrat Banerjee, Head HR, Videocon.
- Mr. Amitabha Sinha, Head Technology Practice, IT & Digital, ABP Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Sayantan Das, V.P. Inquirly Technologies.
- Ms. Sharmila Sinha, Design Innovator
- Mr. Dipanjan Banerjee, Media Professional.
Mandarmoni Outbound Trip
Significance of Teachers Day - as descibed by a student
Prof. Brita Singh sharing her own School Days
Prof Arpita Roy describing her College Days
A Message from Prof. Ramananda Sarkar
Message from Prof. Karabi Bandyopadhyay
Announcing a Video Show about Famous Teachers in Movies
Solo Singing by Ms. Baishakhi Chatterjee
The Group Photo
ISB&M KOLKATA MEDIA SEMINAR
ISB&M Kolkata Media Department has arranged a day long Media Seminar at Rajarhat campus. The speakers include renowned media personalities, Mr. Ashok Vishwanathan & Mr. Debb Roy, who delivered guest lectures and also conducted workshops & interactive sessions with the PG & UG students of the media department.
Mr. Ashok Viswanathan, son of revered actor N. Viswanathan, is a renowned National & International film maker and theatre personality based in Kolkata. He is a graduate in Film Direction from the Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute of India, where he has also been an Assistant Professor. Mr. Viswanathan has directed commercial films such as "Sesh Sanghat" with mainstream actors Jaya Prada & Jackie Shroff, and "Gumshuda"in Hindi, Malayalam & Tamil. He has served as the Chairperson of the Jury for non feature films for the National Films Awards. Mr. Viswanathan has received the Indira Gandhi Award for Best First Film of a Director, 1993, for "Shunya Theke Shuru" & the National Film Award - Special Jury Award, 1998 for "Kichu Sanglap Kichu Pralap".
Mr. Debb Roy is a critically acclaimed co-writer and associate director in Tollywood. He is best known for his works in "Bhooter Bhabishyat" (2012), "Aschorjo Prodeep" (2013) and "Open Tee Bioscope" (2015).
The Media seminar was attended by all the students, staff & faculty members of ISB&M Kolkata. The workshops were attended by all media students, both PG & UG, of ISB&M Kolkata who were enriched by the interaction and sharing of ideas with the stalwarts of media industry and cherished the event to the core of their hearts.
ISB&M Kolkata celebrated a Grand Student Party organized by PG senior students of the Batch (2015-2017) & PG junior students of the Batch (2016-2018) at Raize The Bar, Salt Lake, Kolkata on December 12, 2016 from 7:30 PM onwards. The party included DJ evening followed by cocktail & dinner and was attended by Dr. Pramod Kumar, President, ISB&M Group as well as staff and faculty members of ISB&M, Kolkata. It was a gala event and enjoyed equally by staff, students and faculties all alike.
ISB&M KOLKATA 12TH ORIENTATION PROGRAMME FOR PG MANAGEMENT & MEDIA BATCH 2015-2017
1. ISB&M KOLKATA PG OP 2015
3. LIGHTING OF THE LAMP
4. MR. PINAKI PAUL, DIRECTOR, KOLKATA CAMPUS DELIVERING THE WELCOME ADDRESS
5. DR. PRAMOD KUMAR, PRESIDENT, ISB&M GROUP ADDRESSING THE STUDENTS
6. CHIEF GUEST, MR. INDRANIL DASGUPTA, CEO, INDUSTRIAL ZONES, SREI INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCE LTD.
7. MR. SHUVINDER HEMRAJ, SR. VICE PRESIDENT, SBI CAPITAL MARKETS, ADDRESSING THE STUDENTS
8. MR. AMITABHA SINHA, HEAD TECHNOLOGY PRACTICE, IT & DIGITAL, ABP PVT. LTD.
9. MS. ASMITA BHATTACHARYA, DEPUTY MANAGER,CORP. COMM. - BALMER LAWRIE, ADDRESSING THE STUDENTS
10. MR. RAVI KUMAR, MANAGER-HR, EASTERN REG., KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK LTD.
11. THE AUDIENCE
12. THE FRESHERS
13. DR. PRAMOD KUMAR, GROUP PRESIDENT, ISB&M
14. DR. PRAMOD KUMAR CONDUCTING MANAGEMENT GAMES WITH THE FRESHERS
15. THE MANAGEMENT GAME
16. MR. SUBIR ROY CHOUDHARY, VICE PRESIDENT-HR, MAGMA FINCORP, ADDRESSING THE STUDENTS
17. MR. RAVI KIRAN, DY GEN. MANAGER, BHARTI AIRTEL
18. THE FRESHERS
19. MR. ABHIJIT SENGUPTA, VICE PRESIDENT-HR, EVEREADY INDUSTRIES INDIA LTD., ADDRESSING THE STUDENTS
20. THE SPEAKERS
21. THE FRESHERS
22. MR. CHANDRADEEP MITRA, STRATEGY & INNOVATION EXPERT, CONDUCTING WORKSHOP
23. MR. DIPANJAN BANERJEE, MEDIA PROFESSIONAL, CONDUCTING WORKSHOP
24. MR. DIPTENDU HALDER, T & D, BAJAJ ALLIANZ, CONDUCTING WORKSHOP
25. THE FRESHERS
26. MR. ROHAN GANGULY, BUSINESS BANKING RELATIONSHIP MANAGER, DEUTSCHE BANK AND ISB&M ALUMNUS, INTERACTING WITH THE FRESHERS
27. MS. SOUMITA ROY, ADVANTAGE BANKING MANAGER, DEUTSCHE BANK AND ISB&M ALUMNUS, INTERACTING WITH THE FRESHERS
28. MS. NABONITA BANERJEE, MANAGER, KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK AND ISB&M ALUMNUS INTERACTING WITH THE FRESHERS
29. MR. ASHISH CHAWLA, AREA MANAGER, LG ELECTRONICS AND ISB&M ALUMNUS, INTERACTING WITH THE FRESHERS
30. MR. PRATIK HARIYANI, AREA MANAGER, ICICI PRUDENTIAL AND ISB&M ALUMNUS, INTERACTING WITH THE FRESHERS
ISB&M, Kolkata Post Graduate Orientation Programme for both Management & Media students of the Batch (2015-2017) was held at Synthesis Business Park, Rajarhat between July 1-4, 2015. Mr. Indranil Dasgupta, CEO, Industrial Zones, SREI Infrastructure Finance Ltd., graced the occasion as Chief Guest. Dr. Pramod Kumar, President, ISB&M Group was also present and addressed the students. A number of industry stalwarts across all industry sectors delivered guest lectures to the freshers.
The programme concluded with an outbound trip to Mandarmoni, near Digha, West Bengal.
Some of the Guest Speakers:
- 1. Mr. Shuvinder Hemraj, Sr. Vice President, SBI Capital Markets.
- 3. Ms. Ashmita Bhattacharya, Deputy Manager, Corp. Communication, Balmer Lawrie.
- 5. Mr. Subir Roy Choudhary, Vice President - HR, Magma Fincorp.
- 7. Mr. Abhijit Sengupta, Vice President - HR, Eveready Industries India Ltd.
- 9. Mr. Chandradeep Mitra, Strategy & Innovation Expert.
- 2. Mr. Amitabha Sinha, Head Technology Practice, IT & Digital, ABP Pvt. Ltd.
- 4. Mr. Ravi Kumar, Manager, Human Resources, Eastern Region, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
- 6. Mr. Ravi Kiran, Deputy General Manager, Bharti Airtel.
- 8. Mr. Diptendu Halder, Training & Development, Bajaj Allianz.
- 10. Mr. Dipanjan Banerjee, Media Professional.
Kolkata OP 2015 Outbound Trip Photos
Mumbai Mantra Media in association with ISB&M , Kolkata is organizing a day-long workshop on screen-writing by celebrated stalwart screenwriter Anjum Rajabali @ ISB&M auditorium on Sunday, 21st December, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
All interested in the workshop are welcome. (Contact.no: 94342 43669)
His first film, Drohkaal (1992), was written in collaboration with director Govind Nihalani. Subsequently, 10 more films written by him have been released, including Ghulam and Raajneeti.
Along the way, he was also the Commissioning Editor of a TV channel, set up and headed the script department of a couple of production houses, and has been a script doctor and consultant to several films, including Ghulam and Raajneeti.
In 2004, he designed and set up India’s first full-fledged screenwriting department of which, he has since then been the honorary head, at the Film and Television Institute of India Pune (FTII). Since 2006, he has also been the head of Screenwriting at Whistling Woods International Mumbai.
Current assignments include Gaadha for Shaji N. Karun, an untitled film for Mahesh Mathai and one other project.
He regularly conducts screenwriting workshops in India and abroad, has convened several national seminars on screenwriting, and has been a mentor in many script labs including eQuinoxe Paris, NFDC India’s Script Lab, Mumbai Mantra|Sundance Institute Lab 2012, and MAISHA in East Africa, which is an annual commitment. He conducts the annual Indo-German Screenwriting Workshop in Berlin, and has co-initiated the Indo-Canadian Screenwriting Workshop in Vancouver.
Anjum is a member of the Executive Committee of the Film Writers Association, and is convener of its committees on Copyright, the Minimum Basic Contract, and the Screenwriters Conference. He is also a member of the Central Board of Film Certification, and a trustee of the Centre for Education and Documentation.
Mumbai Mantra Media Ltd
Mumbai Mantra Media Ltd, the Media & Entertainment vertical of the Mahindra Group, is actively evaluating opportunities in content and infrastructure in the domestic as well as international media and entertainment space. Mumbai Mantra's Antaheen, won 4 National Awards including Best Feature Film in 2009. It has also co-produced the film adaptation of Shakespeare's The Tempest directed by Julie Taymor. Several other films are in development.
Mumbai Mantra has also made a commitment towards providing a platform for independent voices in Indian cinema to champion an emerging generation of exciting film makers. The first step in this direction is the forging of a partnership with the renowned Sundance Institute founded by Robert Redford, for the establishment of the Mumbai Mantra | Sundance Institute Screenwriters Lab which is planned to be an annual event in India, and the Sundance Institute | Mahindra Global Filmmaking Award to be awarded to 4 international film makers annually at Park City 16 Filmmakers have already been awarded and 24 Screenwriting fellows have been through the last 2 years Labs www.mumbaimantra.com
The Seventh Convocation of ISB&M, Kolkata was held on December 19, 2014 at the Royal Bengal Room, City Center, Salt Lake. Hon’ble Justice Mr. Altamas Kabir was the Chief Guest, Mr. Aloke Mukherjee, Chairman, Howden Solyvent India Ltd. was the Keynote Speaker and Dr. Chandra Mauli Dwivedi, President and Global Head, Corporate HR, Datamatics Global Services Group was the Special Guest. Dr. Pramod Kumar, President and Founder, ISB&M, and the dignitaries on the dais lit the convocation lamp after which Justice Mr. Altamas Kabir declared the Convocation open.
Students of the batches of 2011-2013 and 2012-2014 in both Management & Media received their diplomas and certificates from the distinguished guests Mr. Aloke Mukherjee & Mr. C. M. Dwivedi. The ISB&M Medals of Excellence to the outstanding students were awarded by Hon’ble Justice Mr. Altamas Kabir.
ISB&M Award of Excellence: Batch 2011 - 2013
|Best Academic Performance in the Area of Marketing||Saugat Sen|
|Best Academic Performance in the Area of Finance||Priyesh Kesharwani|
|Best Academic Performance in Business Management||Saugat Sen|
|Best Academic Performance in the Area of Advertising||Piyali Dutta|
|Best Academic Performance in the Area of Public Relations||Koeli Dutta|
|Best Academic Performance in Media & Communication||Koeli Dutta|
|Best All Rounder||Pratik Sanu|
|ISB&M Award of Excellence: Batch 2012 – 2014|
|Best Academic Performance in Business Management||Lipsa Das|
|Best Academic Performance in Media & Communication||Sheena Jain|
|Best All Rounder||Rajdeep Das|
The ceremony came to an end with the Chief Guest , Hon’ble Justice Mr. Altamas Kabir, declaring the Convocation closed.